We know, we know. There’s no vegetable (well, fungi) more polarizing than mushrooms. But hear us out: They’re a surprisingly versatile (not to mention tasty) addition to meat dishes, pastas and salads alike. The key is cooking them properly with simple ingredients that bring out their earthy, umami-rich flavor. Here are 40 mushroom recipes that will lead the way.
40 Mushroom Recipes That Will Make You Fall in Love with the Controversial Vegetable
3. Mini Skillet Pizzas With Mushrooms And Roasted Tomatoes
5. Poblano And Mushroom Tacos With Tomatoes And Goat Cheese
6. Easy Skillet Linguine With Trumpet Mushroom ‘scallops’
7. Portobello Mushrooms Stuffed With Barley Risotto
Bowls…who needs ’em? These hearty stuffed shrooms will work their way into your fall dinner rotation in no time.
8. Dorie Greenspan’s Sheet-pan Balsamic Chicken With Baby Potatoes And Mushrooms
11. Vegan Butternut Mac And ‘cheese’ With Smoky Shiitake ‘bacon’
Here, shiitake mushrooms are transformed into an uncanny vegan bacon substitute that pairs seamlessly with the cashew-based "cheese" sauce.
12. Portobello And Avocado Quesadillas With Magic Green Sauce
17. Vegan Spaghetti Squash With Mushroom Marinara Sauce
Even your Nonna would approve of the nuanced tomato sauce, meaty shrooms and buttery squash in place of spaghetti.
19. Whole Roasted Pumpkin Stuffed With Wild Mushrooms And Gruyère
22. Vegetable Wellington With Mushrooms And Spinach
We love you, store-bought puff pastry. To save time, make the filling up to two days in advance and store it in the fridge until you're ready to assemble.
23. Caramelized Mushroom Pasta With Crispy Prosciutto
You're only eight ingredients and 30 minutes away from your new favorite pasta dish. Caramelizing the mushrooms instead of simply sautéing them deepens their flavor.
28. Mushroom Gnocchi With Arugula And Walnut Pesto
33. Pasta With Italian Sausage, Kale And Mushrooms
A little bit healthy, a lot delicious. Think chopped kale, baby bella mushrooms, all the garlic and a dash of vino.
38. Marsala Pasta With Spicy Italian Sausage And Mushrooms
A savory, meaty hug in a bowl, courtesy of Coterie member Jesse Reilly. Finish each bowl with lots of grated Parm, chopped basil and crushed red pepper flakes.