Following a low-carb diet can potentially help you lose weight, lower your cholesterol and blood pressure and reduce your risk for type 2 diabetes. It’s no wonder you’ve decided to give it a go. (We salute you!) But you still want to eat meals that are quick and easy, not to mention delicious…and we have just the ticket. Read on for 55 low-carb lunch ideas that will make it a breeze to stick to your new meal plan.
55 Low-Carb Lunch Ideas You’ll Actually Be Excited to Eat
3. Whole30 Chicken Meatballs And Cauliflower Rice With Coconut-herb Sauce (17g Carbs)
Nothing against traditional spaghetti and meatballs, but this low-carb lunch might be even better. The meatballs are juicy, tender and flavorful, but won’t put you in a carb coma by 3 p.m.
5. Keto Steak And Blue Cheese Salad For One (8g Carbs)
You don’t have to follow a keto diet to enjoy its low-carb benefits. This salad is impossibly quick and simple when you use leftover steak from last night’s dinner.
7. Low-carb Pesto And Turkey Cucumber Roll Ups (2.5g Carbs)
9. Meal-prep Turkey Meatballs With Zucchini Noodles (28g Carbs)
Sure, 28 grams of carbs per serving might seem like a lot (especially compared to others on this list), but think about how many carbs a bowl of angel hair would rack up.
11. Tomato Salad With Grilled Halloumi And Herbs (8g Carbs)
Not only does this salad feature grilled halloumi cheese (a major selling point for us), but it comes together in ten minutes. Swoon.
13. Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad Stuffed Peppers (16g Carbs)
This isn’t your mother’s chicken salad (no offense, Mom). We’re swapping the mayo for Greek yogurt and sandwich bread for crispy bell peppers. Lunch rut, be gone.
15. Hemp-crusted Baked Chicken Tenders (16g Carbs)
If chicken tenders were a food group, they’d be our all-time favorite. So the fact that a diet-friendly version exists is music to our ears.
18. Summer Chipotle Chicken Cobb Salad With Cilantro Vinaigrette (11g Carbs)
19. Spicy Stir-fried Chicken And Shredded Brussels Bowls (19g Carbs)
Brussels sprouts in a stir-fry? Why the heck not? The way they get all caramelized and crispy around the edges is *chef's kiss.*
20. Quiche With Gluten-free Sweet Potato Crust (15g Carbs)
Ditch the traditional crust and you’ve got yourself a low-carb slice of heaven. We’re filling our version with kale, but if you’re in the mood for a fridge cleanout, any green will work.
25. Baked Sesame-ginger Salmon In Parchment (21g Carbs)
Our motto, forever and always? Make it ahead. This 30-minute dish will leave you with minimal cleanup too, so you won’t even mind a little weekend meal-prep.
26. Sheet Pan Lemon Butter Veggies And Sausage (18g Carbs)
A hands-off, low-carb dish that cooks on a single sheet pan? This one checks all the boxes. And because it makes six servings, you’ll have enough for the week and then some.
30. Za’atar Chicken Bowls With Tomato And Cucumber Raita (5.5g Carbs)
If you thought watching your carbohydrate intake meant eating bland steamed veggies and plain chicken, we present this Middle Eastern-inspired bowl to change your mind.
31. Cauliflower Fried Rice With Crispy Tofu (21.5g Carbs)
Oh, cauliflower. What would we do without you? Certainly not make this 15-minute meal-prep recipe…or show it off to everyone in the office.
42. Zoodles With Tomato Sauce And Mozzarella (22g Carbs)
If you miss the pasta, compensate by treating yourself to extra fresh mozz. You deserve it.
43. Shrimp With Cauliflower “grits” And Arugula (13g Carbs)
Yup, we'll definitely be whipping up those goat cheese grits for breakfast, too. (Aren't you glad bacon and eggs are keto?)
44. Keto Sheet Pan Chicken And Rainbow Veggies (35g Carbs)
This dish boasts a little more than a quarter of your daily recommended fiber. (Subtract those 6 grams of fiber from the total carbs and you're down to 29g net carbs per plate.)
45. Warm Ginger-scallion Pork & Kale Salad (19g Carbs)
If you find kale tough to eat raw, sautéing it in honey-ginger dressing will be a major help.
46. Keto Instant Pot Greek Cauliflower Rice (6g Carbs)
BRB, eating our weight in feta and kalamata olives. (P.S., low-carb pita bread exists.)
51. Tuna Salad With Yogurt, Capers And Za’atar (2g Carbs)
53. Poached Egg With Frisée And Arugula Salad (8g Carbs)
It turns out that all it takes to make a restaurant-quality poached egg is a dash of vinegar. It helps the egg white set neatly.