How many times can you make sheet-pan chicken and broccoli before you cancel your healthy-eating goals due to pure boredom? But whether you’re cooking with a roommate or an S.O., healthy dinners for two can be exciting, fun to make and, most important, delicious. Here are 15 new ideas.
15 Healthy Dinner Ideas for Two That Aren’t Boring
4. Vegan Sriracha ‘meatballs’ With Noodles And Grilled Vegetables
The meatballs are fake, the noodles are real. This gorgeous, slightly spicy dish just became one of our new weeknight favorites.
6. Roasted Squash And Tofu With Soy, Honey, Chili And Ginger
Pressing the tofu for half an hour (Schitt’s Creek, anyone?) before baking helps it brown and gives the tofu an amazing texture. It takes a little extra time, but it’s worth it.
7. Sheet-pan Miso-glazed Fish With Broccoli And Coconut Rice
Yes, this is a sheet-pan meal, but there’s nothing lackluster about it. The fish is bursting with flavor, the greens are crisp and the rice (optional, if you’re low-carb) ties it all together.
8. Charred Sweet Potatoes With Pistachio-chili Pesto
Swap pasta night for sweet potato night with this pesto bowl that will wholly satisfy your craving for Italian.
10. Portobello Mushrooms Stuffed With Barley Risotto
These stuffed mushrooms seem too decadent to be healthy, but they totally are, thanks to whole-grain risotto and the power of portobellos.
15. Rainbow Collard Wraps With Peanut Butter Dipping Sauce
Add some color to your night with these gorgeous veggie-packed wraps and a zippy dipping sauce. If you master the wrapping technique (it’s not too hard, promise), you can also use collards for all of your sandwiches.