Green Bowl with Chicken, Citrus and Herbs
This warming green bowl with chicken, citrus and herbs from Hannah Bronfman’s Do What Feels Good: Recipes, Remedies and Routines to Treat Your Body Right is packed with protein, so it makes for an ideal midday meal to keep you satisfied.
“I’m absolutely obsessed with za’atar spice blend and put it on everything. In this case, when mixed with the citrus, it really gives this bowl a Mediterranean vibe,” Bronfman says in her new book.
Oh, and one last thing: We won’t tell if you drizzle your bowl with store-bought green-goddess dressing.
1 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 small shallot, minced
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 cup broccoli slaw
1 cup chopped asparagus
2 cups baby spinach
Finely grated zest of 1 orange
1 teaspoon za’atar
3 ounces leftover cooked chicken, shredded
¼ avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
¼ cup green goddess dressing (any kind)
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
¼ cup minced fresh herbs
1. Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
2. Add the shallot and sea salt, and cook, stirring frequently, until the shallot begins to turn translucent.
3. Add the broccoli slaw and asparagus and cook, stirring occasionally, until the asparagus is bright green and tender.
4. Add the spinach, orange zest and za’atar, and cook until the spinach has wilted. Add the chicken and cook until warmed through.
5. Transfer to a bowl and serve topped with the avocado, dressing, lemon zest and fresh herbs.