PureWow has a strict policy that never allows "pay for play” for editorial coverage. In other words, our editorial recommendations are never paid for by brands.
PureWow's Editorial Guidelines
Our Reporting Standards:
We strive for all stories to be as accurate as possible. In reporting and researching articles, writers vet their sources for any competing interests and seek out studies provided by third-party sources. If there is a conflict of interest, we disclose it. Similarly, if the only research we can find on a topic involves a very small sample size—or was conducted on animals, not humans—we disclose that as well. Reporting fairly and accurately, without amplifying fear (there's enough of that in everyday life!), is critical to us in earning and maintaining your trust.
What are some other ways we do this?
- We continually update stories as we learn new information.
- Writers fact-check articles before they submit them.
- We regularly offer training and refresher courses to keep editors aware of best practices for reporting, writing and updating content.
- We do not charge for editorial coverage. That falls under sponsored content, and it is clearly labeled as such. (More on that below)
Our Approach to Shopping / Affiliate Content:
PureWow editors select every item we feature. Here's how we go about that:
- We start by sharing our favorite things: items we've personally vetted and can vouch for. (We clearly disclose the things we've tried, including quotes from editors or labeling them as one of our favorites.)
- We research what's new on the market and what has a stellar reputation, researching studies and reviews on the products to find the top recommendations to share with you.
- We regularly update our roundups of the "best" products, removing items that are no longer in stock, updating pricing and adjusting the list to include new favorites.
We also regularly conduct in-depth reviews of products as part of our PureWow100 series, where items are tested and scored on a 100-point scale. You can learn more about that process here.
Our Sponsored Content:
We do, however, work with advertising partners to create custom, sponsored content that we believe our readers will enjoy and utilize. This content is always clearly identified as “sponsored” or “dedicated.”